Since 1954, the Washington Elks Therapy Program
for Children has provided home-based occupational or physical therapy to
children with developmental delays or physical disabilities. Services are
provided at no cost to the family served.
From a single therapist covering Washington State over 50 years ago, the program
has evolved into an integral, vital, and much appreciated part of the statewide
healthcare community. The success of any program is reflected in its longevity
and its value to the community and the individuals it serves. Through providing
critical one-on-one pediatric therapy for children most in need, the Washington
Elks continue their long tradition of service to our community.
Itís All About Our Kids
Any child in Washington State with an Occupational or Physical Therapy
prescription for treatment and whose family lives within reach of our therapy
team is eligible, however only the most critically in need can be accepted into
the therapeutic program. While the children we serve range in age from birth to
21, preference is given to infants and young children, those who are medically
fragile or who would otherwise go without services due to the familyís lack of
resources, and to children who without therapy will experience deterioration in
their status. Eligibility for services does not require affiliation, membership,
or association with the Elks, any of its members or lodges.
Washington Elks Therapy Program for Children, Inc. Units:
- Thurston, Lewis, Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties.
- Supervisor, Thurston. Pierce (Roy & McKenna only).
- Adams, Benton, Franklin, Columbia, Walla Walla, Whitman, Garfield & Asotin Counties.
- Wahkiakum, Cowlitz, Clark, Skamania & Klickitat Counties.
- Okanogan, Chelan, Douglas & Grant Counties.
- Mason, Kitsap, Pierce Counties (West side of Narrows Bridge).
- West King County (S. to I-405 & 188th W. of I-5).
- Pierce (East of Narrows Bridge), South King (S. of SE 240th to Maple Valley, then S. of Hwy 18 and I-90).
- Snohomish County (Except Camano Island and Stanwood).
- Yakima and Kititas Counties.
- East King County (S. of Hwy 518 to SE 240th, East of Lake Washington, North of Hwy 18 and I-90).
- Ferry, Pend Oreille, Stevens, Spokane and Lincoln Counties.
- Skagit, Island, Whatcom, Snohomish Counties (Stanwood and Camano Island only).
- Clallam and Jefferson Counties.
Go to top of page